** Attention 7th Grade Students**
Peer Leader Applications for 2019-2020
will be available June 2019 in the Guidance Office.
The Peer Leaders are 8th grade students who are volunteering their time to assist those inside and outside our BRMS community. In order to serve as a peer leader for the school year, students are required to complete an application at the end of their 7th grade year and perform 20 hours of community service during the summer prior to their 8th grade year, followed by 20 hours of community service during their 8th grade school year.Peer Leaders serve as outstanding role models to their peers AND are a vital part of our school. Some of the activities in which the peer leaders participate are as follows:
- Peer Leader Camp Bernie Retreat! This is a fun favorite that takes place in the Fall. This retreat offers the opportunity to work together in a variety of trust building activities. Whether climbing a 40 foot tower or scafolding high ropes, students will learn team work, trust and gain self-confidence!
- Participation in leadership groups run by BRMS counselors
- Creating and conduct lessons on a variety of topics to younger classmen
- Peer tutoring for younger classmen
- Volunteeering time to assist at various in community and school related events such as Back to School Night, Senior Holiday Dance , PTO Fun Fair, Trunk or Treat and Information Night
- Plan and implement activities in the Spring for the 5th grade orientation