AM Dropoff Procedure
Dickerson School Morning Drop-Off Information.
Safety is our first priority!
- NEW! PRESCHOOL STARTS PROMPTLY AT 8:30 am. All preschool students must be dropped off at the front door. Preschool parents should park in the parking lot.
- K-2 Parents, PLEASE place the car seat behind the passenger seat. This will allow your child to safely exit curbside.
- K-2 Feel free to park your car in the second or third row and use the crosswalk.
- Drop-off begins at 8:30 am when the staff begins the school day. There is no supervision prior to 8:30 am.
- The drop-off lane is to the right of the orange cones. Do not park in the crosswalk.
- Parents of K - 2 students attempt to remain in their cars. Students exit CURBSIDE ONLY.
- Wait in line to exit and do not pass other cars or exit between the cones.
- If you want to walk your child to the door to say goodbye, please park in the lot and use the crosswalk.
- We greet the children and hold open the heavy front doors.
- School begins at 8:50 am. If you arrive after 8:45 am, you must park and walk your child to the door and buzz the office. We will open the door.
- There is NO PARKING in the fire lane at any time of the day. You must have a handicapped designation to park in the reserved parking space.